Highway Lifts Holiday Spirit With Second-Annual Giving Trees
Updated: Apr 6
Highway Equipment & Supply Co. launched its second-annual Giving Tree holiday program in early November.
The Giving Tree program provides local needy families with holiday gifts in coordination with area Salvation Armies. Local businesses sponsor Giving Trees on which they place wish list gift tags. Staff and customers can then pick a tag from the Giving Trees to make a child’s wish list come true.
How to Participate
1. Visit your local Highway branch
2. Select a child from the Giving Tree (or Giving Wall)
3. Tear off the bottom portion (the wish list) from the tag
4. Write your name on the top portion and put it back on the tree or the wall
5. Follow the instructions on the tag and purchase any or all of the gifts listed
6. Mark the gift box or bag with the child’s code (found on the tag)
7. Return the unwrapped gifts to the Highway branch by the deadline
Giving Tree locations and deadlines are as follows:
Last year, Highway fulfilled 32 Giving Tree wish lists across its four locations.
Inspired by the classic Shel Silverstein book, The Giving Tree, the Salvation Army Giving Tree program focuses on the spirit of giving and service to others during the holiday season. Visit your branch to participate, or contact your Salvation Army to see how you can start your own Giving Tree program.