In 1944, Highway Equipment & Supply Co. was established in Harrisburg, PA, as a branch office of Highway Equipment Company of Pittsburgh.
Highway became its own privately-held C corporation in 1951. Highway has been and still is owned and operated by two families: the Liptaks and the Floods.
In 1985, Volvo Construction Equipment became Highway's flagship brand. Since then, the company has grown to represent 15+ equipment brands.
To support customer demand outside the Harrisburg area, Highway opened a branch office in Drums in 1960, Lock Haven in 2006, and Brownstown in 2009. The company employs approximately 90 people across four locations. Each branch includes sales, service, parts, and rentals.
H. Michael Liptak
Senior Vice President